About Me

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Best Homemade Eye Makeup Remover

Like most women, I love trying new beauty products! Growing up, I loved going along on trips to run errands because I knew we would be stopping at the drug store. I also knew that I could sneak a new shampoo or lip gloss into the cart without Mom noticing (sorry, Mom!).

Now that I'm an adult and buying my own beauty products, I try to find the best and highest quality items for the lowest price. I'm not a beauty product brand snob, but when I find something I like, I will spend more for it.

Eye makeup remover is one of those items I use daily, but not something on which I'm willing to spend a lot of money. I've tried tons of them - my personal favorite brands are Lancome and Almay. However, I couldn't believe how much money I was wasting on liquid. I decided to try making my own, and I'm so glad I did! A batch of this makeup remover literally takes about 60 seconds to make, and uses ingredients you probably already have in your home. It smells great and works wonderfully! I love that I know the ingredients and what I'm putting on my eyes.


The Best Homemade Eye Makeup Remover

Ingredients:
1 C water
1.5 T baby shampoo
1/8 tsp olive oil (I use vanilla olive oil from a local oil shop)

Directions:
Add all ingredients into a jar and shake well until combined. Normally I pour it into a used eye makeup remover bottle for easier dispensing.

I hope you enjoy this simple recipe as much as I do!

divider

No comments:

Post a Comment