About Me

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Recipe: Asian Veal Meatballs

Veal isn't something that I buy frequently. However, when it was on sale last week, I decided to branch out a little. When I got home, I turned the package over to verify the date, and noticed a recipe was included for Asian Veal Meatballs. It sounded really good, but I didn't have all the ingredients, so I started improvising. The final result was easy, super delicious, and husband-approved!



Asian Veal Meatballs

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground veal
1 C panko bread crumbs
1 egg
4 T dried chives
2 T soy sauce
1.5 tsp ground ginger
1.5 tsp sesame oil
A few grinds of salt/pepper

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing lightly. Shape into 12 meatballs. For easy cleanup, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place meatballs on a cooling rack on top of it. Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned and not pink in the center.



I decided I wanted a little sauce to serve with them, but they would be perfectly fine and delicious served straight from the oven with a little soy sauce.  I placed the meatballs in a sauce pan, poured a bit of prepared General Tsao's sauce on top of them, and stirred them up to warm. You could also easily make your own teriyaki sauce. Serve with white rice or glass noodles.

Let me know if you try these out and how you liked them!


divider

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious! It has been so much fun reading your blog. It is such a fun hobby :) And a great way to keep up with everything we learned in college!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann-Marie! I have enjoyed yours as well :)

      Delete