About Me

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Public Service Announcement from the Raney Family


It's true! Our due date is Christmas Day. I could hardly believe it when the doctor told me. She said, "don't worry, you can do fun half-birthday parties." Too funny! I am fine with whatever date God gives us.

I am 14 weeks and feeling off and on ok. Overall I feel blessed to be able to function normally! Tim has been a huge help at home and very understanding of my modified and sometimes unreasonable needs.

We have seen baby in an ultrasound at 5 weeks and heard the heartbeat at 12 weeks. Baby is now the size of a lemon! I do feel like a busted can of biscuits most days, but part of that is the result of my love affair with saltine crackers. I have cut my workouts down to 5 days a week and use lighter weights if I feel especially fatigued that morning. Contrary to the photo above, in which we used Tim's ice cream for humor purposes only, I am not interested in sweet things as much as the salty!

Corynne's reaction to the news was so special. She was on my lap and looked at me for a few seconds with very wide eyes, as if she was unable to speak. Then she threw her arms around my neck and squeezed tight. When she let go, she said, "This is what I've always wanted!" It was such a sweet moment that I will always cherish.

People have asked me if I have a gut feeling on what the gender is. I have NO idea and wouldn't even venture to guess. We will be perfectly happy with whatever the Lord gives us, because He knows what is best for our family!

Praying it continues to be a smooth pregnancy.



divider

No comments:

Post a Comment