About Me

Friday, June 21, 2013

How We Told Our Parents

Telling our parents that we are expecting was so much fun! I didn't just want to come out and say "I'm pregnant!" I wanted a little more pizzazz.

Since my parents have 20 grandchildren, I knew that I had to come up with a creative way to tell them, something they've never seen before. So in an effort to honor their heritage and all of their current little blessings, I decided to make a card for them that displayed every grandchild with a color-coded heart by gender and in birth order. At the very end, I put a green heart with the words "Coming Soon." They loved it and I hope this is a keepsake they will cherish!

Tim and I went up north to visit my parents for an already-planned visit. We went out to breakfast and I knew I couldn't stand it any longer and presented them with the card (no occasion, but it's not completely abnormal for me to do that).




Mom and Dad's reaction upon realization.


Tim's parents were a little bit easier as this is their second grandchild. We had just found out our due date a few days before we told them, so I thought it might be fun to do a Christmas theme. I had purchased this little hat and socks set at Target last January on clearance to use as a gift. Little did I know I would be using them for an announcement of such greatness!

We took Tim's parents out for his Mom's birthday, and I wrapped up this little box and gave it to her as her "birthday gift."



It took Mom a minute to realize, Dad was still in the dark at this point :)



All in all, these were my favorite two announcements! Both sets of parents are thrilled. :)

divider

1 comment:

  1. You're so creative! Love the reactions of both moms!!

    ReplyDelete