We went into the appointment and the ultrasound tech wasn't particularly chatty. She found the little one quickly and started taking measurements and clicking away. She wasn't talking. This was slightly concerning and went on for several minutes until I finally said "Ok, at what point are you going to tell me that something is weird??" She immediately replied, "OH! I'm sorry! Everything is totally normal!" Then she started explaining more as she continued, which I appreciated. She had asked us prior to starting if we wanted to know the gender and we said yes, and I added "But only if you are 100% sure!" So during the ultrasound, she nonchalantly said "ah we have a girl." I'm not sure what I felt. Tim squeezed my arm and tears started gushing out of my eyes. It's one thing to know you have a baby inside you, it's a whole different experience to know what the baby is! It was so much more emotional than I had expected and I was just so amazed that God has entrusted another little girl to us. What an experience!
The news is slowly sinking in. I now get to start adding light pink accents to the nursery and actually call her "she" and "her." I am so excited to have a little helper, friend, and sidekick! :) Although Tim is way outnumbered, he is happy and so excited. We both know that the Lord has given us the exact little person we are supposed to have in our family. What a comforting thought!
Below is a video of Corynne revealing the baby's gender to Tim's family. I wrapped up the soda so no one would know the gender until she poured it into the glass. Corynne is thrilled and later added, "I got what I wanted!" and "Now I don't have to pretend my doll is my sister because I have a real one!" :)
La Petite's little profile. Beautiful already! <3

I'm so happy for you guys! Lol to Tim being way outnumbered! Hopefully, eventually, you can add a little sidekick for him ;)
ReplyDelete