The moment I saw those two pink lines, I knew my life was changed forever. Suddenly I had a thousand different thoughts going through my head, all ranging from the color of my child's hair, to what their voice would sound like, to what kind of person he/she would be. When I found out, it was way too early in the morning. 1:45am to be exact. On my 31st birthday. Tim was half awake when I got back into bed. I snuggled up to him, sobbing rather softly. He said "well, did you take the test?" and I said "yes. It's happening. We are having a baby!" He replied, "are you serious??" and hugged me tight. We sort of reeled together for a few moments and then our first instinct was to pray for this child that God decided to entrust to us. We prayed that the Lord would equip us to be the best parents we can possibly be and that this child would grow up to know and love the Lord above all else. We prayed for health and safety for all of us. That prayer mimics what we already pray for our Corynne, but this time, instead of directed at one child, it is now two. As I laid awake between the hours of 1:45-6am, I couldn't help but be amazed that the creator of the universe has written a different story for each one of us. A story that is beautiful, amazing, and suited specifically to us. We had just been given a priceless gift!
As we enter the week that we will finally know the gender of our child, it all still feels surreal. Instead of an ambiguous "the baby," we will be able to say "him" or "her." Stay tuned for the news! :)


I'm excited for your news! It's so fun to find out and start planning the room and buying clothes. :)
ReplyDelete