Another month has passed just like that. Juliet is five months old and in some ways it feels like it's been longer, and in other ways it feels like I gave birth to her yesterday. I would say the initial adjustment period of having another baby is over, but it doesn't mean I have it down! Juliet is like Violet in that she is a member of AMAT (all mama, all the time). This is quite exhausting for mommy, but I am doing my best to cherish these days as they pass so quickly. Her sweet smiles are incentive for pressing forward!
This month I left the house. alone. for the first time in 5 months. It was super weird and just felt like bizarro world. I was gone roughly 20 minutes, but I may as well have been on a tropical vacation. The van was silent and I could think, pray, and just relax. Hopefully I will get a few more of those moments in the months to come!
Juliet is like the little girl with the curl: "when she is good, she is very very good, but when she is bad, she is horrid!" The ear piercing shrieks that come out of this tiny human are nothing short of glass-shattering. Violet's response is "sissy. cry." Well aware, little girl, well aware! Currently, I would say that Violet is Juliet's favorite entertainment. She loves watching her play and likes to laugh at whatever she is doing. It's really quite adorable. Violet enjoys tossing toys and teethers in Juliet's direction. Probably so she'll stay quiet. ;-) It is sweet to see their budding relationship and I pray it is close and loving throughout their lives.
There are so many things I want to teach my girls. I pray that I can be the best possible mother I can be for these amazing little people God has given me.
Mommy and Juliet
This month's stats:
- 14.5 lb
- 6 month size clothes
- Size 2 diaper
- Drooling machine! Most days she is double-bibbed
- Sings, laughs, and "talks"
- Loves attention from big sister Violet!
- Rolls from tummy to back
- Enjoys jumping in the activity seat
- Sucks on her fist, fingers, and teethers
- Enjoys filling her diaper right as we are sitting down to dinner





No comments:
Post a Comment