My sweet little princess is eight months today! It's funny, in my experience as an aunt (x20), 8 months has always been my "favorite baby age." It's hard to believe my own baby has already reached that point! She has changed so much this month, mostly in her exploration. She has always been curious (turns her head to see who is coming into the room, turns head towards any sound that she hears out of the norm, etc), but she has surprised even me this month. She is doing some wobbly crawling after weeks of rocking on all fours!
We made it through the move last month with a lot of Violet help from my local nieces, Sarah (14) and Amanda (almost 13). She loves them and I couldn't have done it without them!
She is sleeping 12-14 hours at night (usually 5pm - 6:30 or 7am), which is absolutely amazing and allows her mother to sustain a tiny grasp of sanity. The funny thing is, as much as I enjoy being able to get so much done in the evenings, I always miss her and am so ready to see her when she wakes up! I love her more than I could have ever, ever imagined. I was reflecting on earthly love this morning, and am so very grateful that the Lord has allowed me to experience so many different kinds of love. The love I have experienced with my child absolutely cannot be described. I am humbled and deeply thankful for this experience.
Sweet baby ready for church
I'm so big!
Violet with her brand new cousin Evie 1.5 wks old in this photo)
I"m so strong!
Playing with my favorite toy, Violet the dog
Violet with Poppa
Snuggles with mommy at the store
I have two teeth coming in!
Surprise! I can almost fit under the couch!
Just hanging out
Cousin Amanda feeding Violet
Sweetie pie
What is this thing mommy put on my wrist?
Violet sharing Daddy with baby Evie
Violet met cousin Julia (and Jonah & Aunt Jen) this month!
Breakfast fail: she swatted at the spoon and this is the result!
We dog-sat our favorite furry friend. Violet loved having Reece stay with us!
Getting into everything
Look real hard and you can see my bottom two teeth!
Still loving my puffs, I even eat them off the floor!
This month's stats:
- 16 lbs (estimation no doc visit til 9 months)
- Two bottom teeth coming in!
- "Spitting" and blowing out air (I think she likes the noise it makes)
- Favorite foods: Gerber Puffs and anything mixed with pear
- Used our last size 2 diaper this morning!
- wearing 6 month size clothes
- "Talking" and carrying on about nothing :)
- Wobbly but determined crawling!
.jpeg)

Violet is so sweet! I LOVE the 8,9, 10-month age especially. Their personalities really start to shine through, and they are just so delightful.
ReplyDelete