About Me

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Scarlet Hope at One Month


Scarlet at one month


One month has passed since we met our little Scarlet Hope. It has gone quickly and everyone has adjusted so well. We are so thankful for that!

Scarlet has been relatively sweet and calm. She doesn't normally cry unless she is hungry or wants to be picked up. So far, she has been much more content than her sisters were at this age. She sleeps on things other than me so much better! Her longest spurts of sleep are three hours long, so while my sleep is choppy, I feel a little more confident in her consistency at night. She is easy to get back down again during the night, which is a huge blessing since I need as much sleep as I can get to keep up with Violet and Juliet.

This month we laid low, but did go on a couple outings with just Mommy, which went surprisingly well! Each time I take them out, I get more confidence for the next time. Violet has been a big help as she holds Juliet's hand and guides her where I direct. Juggling three is hard and my eyes are constantly darting back and forth to verify their safety, but so far, it has been manageable!

The girls seem to have accepted that Scarlet is here to stay. The first day we brought Scarlet home, I asked Violet where Scarlet lives. She said "the hospital." I told her that she lives with us now because she is part of our family! Violet responded with , "ok." :)

We are praying that Scarlet maintains her calm demeanor, because Lord knows we need at least one more calm person in this house (Daddy currently holds that title). :) We thank God for Scarlet's health and my easy recovery from her birth.

This month's stats:
  • 8 lb, 4 oz
  • Newborn size clothes and diapers
  • Loves being outside watching the big girls play
  • Loves being held
  • Discovering her hands and likes to gnaw on them

First day home sleeping on Daddy


Juliet "reading" to her little sister


Violet snuggling with little sister


Juliet and Scarlet


Eyes open!


Mommy's first day home alone with the girls!


Precious sisters


Sleeping beauty


Mother's Day 2017


Our walks require two strollers (and Daddy) :)


Scarlet and grey :)


Passed out on mommy outside


Kisses from Juliet


Mommy's first outing alone with the girls


Tiny baby on Daddy


Juliet using Scarlet as a pillow


Our friends next door love Scarlet, too


Visit from Poppa and Nonna
divider

No comments:

Post a Comment