While I may not have documented this pregnancy nearly as well as my first with Violet, there are just as many amazing feelings and emotions as there are the first time around. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Feeling baby move for the first time around 17 weeks, more like a flutter, but her presence was known immediately!
- Daydreaming about coordinating outfits for my girls, tea parties, and all the fun girl things we will get to do together.
- Middle of the night gymnastics sessions (could be annoying, but I enjoy the wonder of it all)!
- Violet rubbing my tummy and saying "baby"
These days I am mostly wondering what our new normal will be like when little lady gets here. I am trying to soak up all the Violet time I can get, because I know my attention will be divided very soon. Sometimes I get sad because I don't want to miss any of the cute things Violet is doing, nor do I ever want her to feel set aside. But I do know that billions of mothers have done this and that all of their kids can feel love. I know the first few months will be hard adjusting, but I'm praying for a smooth transition for all. Oh, and a content and happy baby - because if I get another Violet personality, I'm really in for it! If that is the case, I will be forced to barricade myself into the house for the next 5 years.
Also on my mind is my labor and delivery. Violet's was so smooth, fast, and dare I say easy? This time around I know it will likely not go as well, and of course I have to leave my sweet Violet for an extended period of time while I'm at the hospital. The longest I've been away from Violet since her birth is 8 hours. We get a lot of mommy and me time, and I love being with her (most of the time)! ;-)
This new little girl is still unnamed, just like Violet was until we met her. It's a hard task to assign a name to someone for life! We do not take it lightly! :) It's hard to imagine how I will feel when she is born. I was so afraid I would not love Violet immediately. Guess what? I did :) I can imagine I will feel as if my heart is exploding, and the enormity of that thought makes me feel so blessed.
In this last month of pregnancy, I pray that the Lord will make our moments sweet and prepare everyone's hearts to welcome our new daughter into the world. I can't wait to meet her!
Sweet Violet at almost 20 months
One more month to go (and a Violet photo bomb)


No comments:
Post a Comment